HLT, Inc. is a clinical-trial stage company founded in Minnesota in 2002. We manufacture a transcatheter heart valve system, consisting of a catheter-based delivery system and heart valve, to treat aortic valve disease. The procedure is performed by an interventional cardiologist / cardiac surgeon in a cardiac catheterization laboratory and is expected to be both less invasive and less costly than an open heart valve replacement procedure. The company currently employs approximately 100 people in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
In 2010 HLT was acquired by The Bracco Group, an international company active in the healthcare sector through Bracco Imaging. The group employs more than 3,300 employees worldwide and has annual total consolidated revenues of more than $1 billion.
HLT seeks passionate and talented people who can start contributing from day one. We want innovators seeking to advance the state of the art to improve patient outcomes.
We are a fast paced, motivated and driven organization that is dedicated to providing the best TAVR solution to the market. Our technology is a Nitinol based design and it is addressing major unmet needs in the market. As a result, we are looking for high impact leader, self-starter, agile individual who values creativity, learning and data above all else.
This position provides leadership to the R&D team and will also have Executive leadership responsibilities for entire HLT organization. Focus will be placed on current technology and the creation of next generations of the valve implant technology to address future system needs and to maintain or improve the competitive position of the company.
If you are looking forward to making a big contribution to a dedicated team in this massive TAVR market, with the most exciting product out there, we are looking forward to meeting you.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refine and communicate the Company Vision
- Annually develop a Long-Range Plan & Annual Operating Plan that is consistent with the Company’s Vision
- Enhance the Company culture by developing and mentoring the Senior Leadership team
- Focus the management of the business on achieving planned objectives
- Establish key business and quality measurements to monitor the performance of the business
- Instill an attitude of quality throughout the organization
- Keep Bracco Ownership and CEO informed on issues and progress toward objectives
- Set direction to achieve a best in class clinically and scientifically based development organization
- Set tactical direction and objectives for the department based on business strategy set by Business
- Work with department managers to prioritize, establish and execute tactical programs to meet established objectives
- Manage and balance the budget among engineering departments
- Allocate resources to project teams
- Recommend and ensure maintenance of department tools and policies to execute projects, meeting quality, delivery and cost targets
- Establish report and communicate department status, metrics, and improvements
- Work cooperatively with senior management across all functional disciplines to ensure continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Establish and maintain customer contacts for design input and other quality policy responsibilities
- Execute the organization’s quality policy; maintain the department awareness, and compliance to this policy
- Work as a liaison between the project team, product development valve program, quality/regulatory functions, operations function and Senior Management
- Represent the entire core team to the organization and report on project and team progress, recommendations and issue resolution at senior management meetings
- Collaborate cross-functionally ensuring common focus and understanding of project goals
- Clarify options and issue resolution recommendations to ensure effective senior management reviews and decision making
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline
- 15+ years of experience in the medical device field or other related field
- 10+ years of people leadership experience
- 5+ years of structural heart R&D experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of medical device product development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with catheter-based implantable devices
- Experience with Class III implantable device development, specifically prosthetic heart valves
- Experience managing/supervising a staff of 5 or more engineers/technicians
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA